Local Craft Brewery in Grandview, MO
Keeping our earth, air and water clean, healthy and enjoyable for years to come.
What we are doing
- Our lattice structure above the bar was made from reclaimed wood.
- We compost all food scraps.
- We serve smaller portions, therefore less waste.
- We built the slat walls from broken down crates and skids.
- We buy as much as we possibly can local to decrease our carbon footprint.
- We encourage and offer returnable containers.
- We use no Styrofoam.
- We use green cleaning products.
- We are smoke free establishment and request no BUTTS be dropped on the ground outside.
- In future building phases, we plan to have a grey water system, solar panels, a green roof, and a windmill.
- We recycle all packaging.
- Our diners use real service ware and napkins.
- We offer compostable one time use straws.
- We have plans to make a large portion of our property into a developing green space and food forest.
- We encourage arriving on foot and on bicycle.
- Our new building was constructed with all recyclable materials, real wood, stone, metal.
- We use no VOC (volatile organic compound) products.
- We have a completely native landscape.
- We choose energy efficient equipment.
- Our tables were handmade from reclaimed wood from a 1920’s hay barn in Seymour, MO.
What you can do
- Buy local products from The Chive and farmers close to you or at the many farmers markets in the area.
- Attend a sustainability class offered at The Chive.
- Use a reusable water bottle and avoid buying bottles of water.
- Plant native trees, shrubs and plants in your yard which helps the soil, the air and the wildlife.
- Check out the packaging something is in before you buy it. Can it be recycled. If not, find an alternative. (especially hard Styrofoam packaging)
- Create a recycling center in your home and recycle all you can. There is a great recycling center just off I-49 at Red Bridge Rd. Open Wed – Sat 8-5.
- Walk or bike somewhere instead of drive.
- Turn your heat down a degree or two and your AC up a degree or two. Turn off any lights not in use.
- Consider buying an electric car as they become more available and affordable.
- Simplify your cleaning products to bleach, vinegar, baking soda, and biodegradable dish soap.
- Switch to nylon or cotton produce and bread bags. Available at The Chive.
- Decrease the use of single use plastics, plastic bags and other items.
- Bring reusable bags, cups and to go containers to The Chive and other places you shop. Return containers to The Chive.